You are currently browsing the monthly archive for December 2007.

After a few nights of trying to learn the jist of Ajax, JSON, and JavaScript I’ve finally got a working version of the Tinderbox front page that is generated dynamically.

To make this all work there were a few modifications that were made to tbglobals.pl.  This allowed me to output a list of Tinderbox trees in JSON which was not previously implemented.  Afterwards, the index.html page has some JavaScript that parses the JSON output as I need it.

All in all, it works!

Tinderbox 0.3a Release

All in all, it was an interesting experience working with Perl and JavaScript again, I’d forgotten the power of them both.. but mostly JavaScript as I’m a PHP guy myself!

Well, for the final release of the semester I’m planning on having tinderbox work dynamically off of the patch that I’ve fixed up since my 0.2 release.  This will involve me reworking the code that I’ve written for the 0.2 release and shoving some more javascript into the tinderbox index page from the 0.1.